Monday, January 26, 2015

Random Outburst 4

It has been a hard pill for me to swallow,
That an experience that I strongly felt with another, to them, was significantly hollow.
Time spent, ideas shared, and the emotions that followed
Failed to read his intentions, actions showing he cared….
But I learned and won’t wallow.

In reasons why…

Better yet, excuses.
So easy to create explanations, I know their uses.
Given, still my arguments against the claims…absolutely useless.
Somebody else’s mind and heart, doesn’t matter my 2 cents.

Besides,

We all know inside.
Regardless, with true romantic love comes compromise.
With someone you care deeply for love doesn’t spark, then immediately die.
Perhaps in my situation there was more than meets the eye.
As a woman I could play the blame game, but it takes a believer to except lies…

Or withholdings.

Whatever the case.
Still think I gave up too much, too fast.
Sometimes I forget there’s no race.
I know I shouldn't dwell, but sometimes I think:
 “what if I had given more time and space”.
A lot of times, unexpected love gives way to the chase.

The only thing was……

Nobody was running for me; add that with these unforeseen circumstances,
I see how I handled my heart irresponsibly.
At the drop of a dime to aid to a lover with charity,
You cannot expect the same love.
That’s not genuine, learned in my moment of clarity.
Not saying that my intention to help lacked spontaneity,
But those dreaded expectations really uncovered my naivety.

So what does one do?

When a person has a lot of worries and not one of them is you.
Do I stay a friend? Maybe just keep in contact to show my love is true?
Or
Do I walk away, burn the bridge in the right that I have nothing to prove.
The latter...
The option everybody I know agrees to….

But even with that, I’ll just live life and see what’s due.

-Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment